Now that summer here in the States, many people are already starting to plan their warm weather vacations for the winter of 2017. And one of the top, yet lesser-known (think less crowded) Caribbean destinations is Belize. The small country nestled between Mexico and Guatemala boasts a spectacular underwater playground for snorkelers, scuba divers, and anybody looking for a pristine beach and turquoise blue waters. One of nature’s most incredible phenomena is the congregation of Whale Sharks and the opportunity to snorkel along side of the giant gentle beasts off the coast of Belize during the months of March, April, May and June.
Life moves at a slow pace in this beautiful and laid back paradise and there is no rush to get anywhere soon or do anything in particular. Everything seems brighter and more colorful under the intense sunshine and the long hot days end in spectacular sunsets. Belize has a little something for everyone. If you want a relaxing getaway there are plenty of perfect spots where you can sink into a sun lounger with a cold fruity drink. If you are in the mood for adventure there are so many exciting opportunities available from snorkeling to zip-lining to rappelling down waterfalls to crawling through ancient caves to trekking through the jungle in search of the elusive jaguar.
- Go scuba diving through a kaleidoscope of coral, turtles and brightly hued fish on the Belize Barrier Reef, the second largest in the world after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.
- Take a trip to the Cayo District where you can go tubing through dark caves and river systems.
- Go horseback riding through the beautiful wilderness of Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary or Mayflower Bocawina National Park.
- Chill out with a cold beer at a beach bar at one of the incredibly laid back islands such as Ambergris Caye or Caye Caulker.
- Check out some of the amazing ancient ruins of the Mayan civilisation. There are many in Toledo’s Deep South and the Cayo District, including excavated tombs, natural caves where Mayan kings performed rituals and tall stone temples.
- Go sportfishing. You can find the bonefish, one of the most exciting species to fly fish for, in the grassy shallows.
Highlights of Our Ultimate Belize Adventure Tour